Motiv began as a program to eliminate a problem Vali Popescu and I came upon in a remote Andean village a couple hours outside of Cusco that was suffering a 5% mortality rate in children. We realized that charity and hand-outs were not a solution. Instead, opportunity, education, and careful investment in the lives of people and the communities they reside in are the way to guide people on the path to self-sufficiency.
We were already in Peru and aware of existing problems that we could help with.
Motiv was launched mid-2019 and really took off mid 2020 due to Bitcoin.
Motiv has already served over 60,000 people directly
Motiv has over 16 active Bitcoin circular economies under development with more in the works.
People’s lives and challenges are complex and multi-faceted. Motiv’s programs are designed to help them as needed. That requires a portfolio of integrated programs, not a one-size fits all.
Motiv created ‘Life Saving Steps’ which feature an integrated series of programs that include;
- Pay with Bitcoin: Central to creating circular economies with universally accessible banking tools
- IVEM (Inclusive Vocational Education Movement): Job skills training
- Entrepreneurship for Anyone: Empowering people to earn a living and become self-sufficient, self-supporting, and self-directed.
- Motiv Kids: Focusing on the whole wellbeing of children from education to nutrition to health so that impediments are lifted so they can embark upon a life of betterment for themselves, their future, their family, and their community
- Motiv Med: Medical provision and medical training for individuals, communities and professionals
- Motiv Alliances – We partner with others where the work to be done aligns with our mission and our philosophy. In Peru we are in the process of securing an alignment with a company that will benefit from our expertise.
- Motiv Tech assisting with using Bitcoin wallets and transactions. Teaching the unique traits of Bitcoin, computer related classes (Microsoft Suite, basic computing, etc.). The future includes offering aid with internet connectivity in remote areas and internet minutes being donated for education.
- Motiv Nexus: Motiv’s natively operated infrastructure primarily aimed at hands on training and coaching to better show how tasks can be accomplished, and businesses may be run.
Motiv has an extensive staff located throughout Peru. Through our staff’s interaction and knowledge of nearby communities, we become aware of those looking for opportunities and need help.
Motiv has many offices in other regions and locations. We also have community areas to work and operate out of which allows us to stay highly adaptive and agile. Our goal is to integrate more meaningfully with communities with the right amount of time and investment as needed.
Motiv works with the locals in each community so we can customize programs to fulfill their needs.
Yes, incrementally and always tied to their involvement and advancement in Motiv programs.
Bitcoin is both a currency and an alternative banking tool for our programs and our participants. It allows for nearly free transactions that everyone has access to on their phone, the ability to save money, protection from theft, and the ability to purchase goods and services.
Directly on site through our team and the programs they execute.
People are adapting really well . We have exposed over 60K people to bitcoin and we are seeing on average over 20K transactions per month.
We are not, they are meant to exist side-by-side.
There is an initial outlay of bitcoin promised to individuals based on a commitment up front and the then the rest is allocated to them upon completion of the programs.
Motiv offers life-saving programs that will help convert the informal workforce to improve and benefit the Peruvian economy overall
Motiv’s programs are ongoing and grow with the community as needed.
Bitcoin provides the opportunity for safe peer-to-peer financial interaction and transactions and allows more control of their money when they want it, which establishes consumer confidence, trust, and stabilizes their businesses.
We see Motiv offering an alternative to traditional banking for those who have not had the opportunity to participate in traditional banking or lacked access to banking in general.
Yes, we have other similar programs and are constantly creating new ones to fit the needs of the people.
We receive firsthand affirmation on what we are doing from the people directly who are having success from our programs. We can also verify that more businesses are now opening up in Cusco who accept bitcoin as a means of payment.